Today News Headlines 31st August
- The government has boosted its arsenal to stimulate growth with a transfer of Rs 1.76 lakh crores from the RBI after India’s GDP growth has slowed down to 5%. This slowdown is nearly 6 years low.
- 10 Public Sector Banks have been merged into 4 large entities. The country will now have 12 public sector banks instead of 18.
- Google is seen celebrating the 100th birth anniversary of the Punjab author, essayist, and poet, Amrita Pritam. One of her most remembered poems is ‘Ajj aakhaan Waris Shah nu’ which talks about the tragedies of the 1947 massacres.
- After the release of National Register of Citizens, the election Commission is set to decide how to deal with people who have been excluded from the NRC but were in the voters’ list.
- The CBI has carried out special drives against corruptions at 150 places across the country where the common citizens and small businessmen felt pinch of corruption in the govenrment machinery.
- The fourth lunar bound manoeuvre has been completed successfully at
- The Tax department confirmed that the deadline for the filing of ITRs has been extended till 30th September.
Today News Headlines 31st August – Sports
- Amit Shah recently revealed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to construct the New Motera Stadium which will become the world’s best stadium.
- Shikhar Dhawan has been included in the team for India A side against South Africa A for the last 2 unofficial one-dayers to replace Vijay Shankar who got out due to his thum injury.
- With the Pro Kabaddi season 7 reaching mid-season, the competition is getting tougher. Dabang Delhi beat Patna Pirates 38-35 and Puneri Paltan beat Telugu Titans 34-27 in PKL.
Today News Headlines 31st August – Entertainment
- Janhvi Kapoor will be seen in an upcoming horror-comedy, ‘RoohiAfza’ in which she will be seen co-starring Rajkumar Rao. She also has ‘Takht’ and ‘Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl’ lined up next.
- Saaho hit the theatres on 30th August 2019 and the Day 1 Box Office Collection of the movie has rounded off near 24 crores.
- Sonam Kapoor has planned to vlog every day till the release of her next movie, ‘The Zoya Factor. These vlogs will be including information on how promotions are planned and executed.