Today News Headlines 5th September 2019
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with Russian President released a joint press statement from Vladivostok. During their meeting, both of them also discussed possibilities of joint production of nuclear fuel in India.
- Indian President, Ram Nath Kovind presented National Awards to teachers on Teacher’s Day today.
- The Supreme Court has allowed former J&K CM, Mehbooba Mufti’s daughter, Iltija to travel from Chennai to Srinagar to meet her mother. The court also said that she will be able to move in parts of Srinagar after she seeks prior permission from authorities.
- Delhi slipped six spots in the World’s most Liveability index. It now stands at the 118th position. The cases of petty crimes and poor air quality have had an affect on this result as surveyed by the Economist Intelligence Unit.
- India and Pakistan haven’t come up with any agreement on the Kartarpur corridor due to Pakistan’s demand of service fee of USD 20 service fee for each pilgrim.
- Rate cuts for New Home loans will now be passed automatically after RBI said that the floating rate loans for housing, auto and other personal advances to micro enterprises need to be linked up to one of three external benchmarks.
- Indigo tied up with Sony to offer entertaining content for passengers onboard.
Today News Headlines 5th September 2019 – Sports
- Anupama Swain won a bronze in the World Martial Arts Mastership and simultaneouly qualifies for the Asian Games.
- irat Kohli has surpassed MS Dhoni and has become India’s most successful Test skipper. He now has 28 wins from 48 Test matches as captain.
- The Government along with the Sports Authority of India have decided to revise remuneration structures in 4 coaching categories. Along with this the government has also decided to give ‘reward money’ to athletes who make it huge at international events to boost their morale further.
- The 4th unofficial ODI between India A and South Africa A was pushed to reserve day due to the rains.
- Bengaluru Bulls made their comeback against Patna Pirates 40-39 while Naveen Kumar guided Dabang Delhi to a 46-44 win over Jaipur Pink Panthers in the Pro Kabaddi League matches.
- The Indian Football men’s team is all set for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying match against Oman in the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium.
- The AIFF (All India Football Federation) has decided to begin with Baby Leagues in the country. They are planning to organise 7 age groups, Under 6, Under 7, Under 8, Under 9, Under 10, Under 11 and Under 12.
Today News Headlines 5th September 2019 – Entertainment
- Kartik Aaryan along with Janhvi Kapoor were announced as leading actors for KJo’s ‘Dostana 2’. Now, Karan Johar has finally announced the 3rd actor for the movie who is also a newbie in the industry, Lakshay.
- Rishi Kapoor, who was being treated for Cancer in New York for the past 1 year is now on his way back to Mumbai along with his wife, Neetu Kapoor.
- Ayushmann Khurrana and Nushrat Bharucha are set for their upcoming movie, ‘Dream Girl’ to release on 13th September. Ekta Kapoor along with both the actors visited the Lalbaugcha Raja Ganesh Pandal to seek blessings of Lord Ganesh ahead of the movie release.
- After the Mumbai rains, Arjun Rampal posted a picture indicating that only Indian Cars can survive Mumbai rains.
- ‘Chhichhore’ is set to release tomorrow and depicts the carefree college and hostel days of students. The movie is high on friendship and the reviews are setting in at 3.5/5