Today News Headlines 9th July 2019 – Read news headlines that have been making a buzz in India today.
- The government is working on an e-PAN processing center, which will allow real-time issuance of PAN card.
- Claiming that they have a majority, BJP said that Governor Vajubhai Vala should call them to form the Government in Karnataka.
- PM Narendra Modi has instructed BJP MPs to go on a padayatra in their constituencies on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, October 2 and Vallabhbhai Patel, Oct 31.
- National Crime Records Bureau has started the process of installing an automated facial recognition system to identify people matching digital images, photos and video feed with an existing database by seeking bids for the solution. The move, however, has raised concerns on privacy.
- Indian Newspaper Society has requested the government to withdraw 10 percent customs duty imposed on newsprint and lightweight coated papers in the budget 2019.
- Around 1.11 lakh devotees have performed Amarnath Yatra till date. Another batch of 5964 yatris left for Jammu now.
- On the First Day of DU admissions, more than 2750 applicants got admitted.
- The Punjab Chief Minister, Amarinder Singh, ordered the Finance Department to release Rs 118.42 crores to clear the backlog of pending scholarship funds for SC students.
- Sharjah’s first Golden Card visa was issued to Lalu Samuel, CMD, Kingston Holdings and Chairman of Sharjah Industry Business Group, as part of the permanent residency system tailored for investors. Golden Card is a 10-year long-term visa eligible for investors and entrepreneurs which entitles them to many privileges and facilities including a residency visa for themselves and their families without a sponsor.
Today News Headlines 9th July 2019 – Sports
- Rains in Semi-Final matches – The British Met department forecasted irregular showers throughout the days of the match. But the match is on. Check live updates.
- Mirabai Chanu, Former world champion, led the Indian medal rush by getting a gold on the opening day of the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship.The Indian team won 13 medals – eight gold, three silver and two bronze medals.
- Rahul Dravid will lead the five member panel of National Cricket Academy to select best candidate for the post of ‘Head of Education’. The process is happening for the first time in the history of NCA.
- Neymar failed to show up for the pre-season training with the Paris Saint-Germain FC.
- The ECB told BCCI that the Old Trafford Air Space will remain shut during India-New Zealand World Cup clash.
Today News Headlines 9th July 2019 – Entertainment
- Season 2 of ‘Sacred Games’ will be premiering on the 15th August, as confirmed by Netflix.
- The teaser of Akshay Kumar’s current anticipated movie, ‘Mission Mangal’ is out and looks amazing.
- Kangana Ranaut’s new film ‘Dhaakad’ poster is out and she is looking terrific in the ‘all guns blazing’ poster.
- Varun Dhawan and Sara Ali Khan shall recreate ‘Main Toh Raste Se Ja Raha Tha’ in the remake of ‘Coolie No.1’.
- To take on the matter of cyberbullying seriously, Instagram shall introduce a feature called ‘Shadow Ban’ whereby you can “shadow ban” or “restrict” a bully from commenting on your posts.