Read Today News Headlines 9th October 2019:
- The Centre is planning to create a 1400 km longs & 5 km wide green belt from the Delhi-Haryana border to Gujarat.
- The EPCA has put a ban on diesel gen-sets in NCR during the highly polluted days of the region. But, this seems to be impossible with people’s dependencies on the same for electricity.
- The SC announced that those who violated traffic rules and caused an accident by rash and negligent driving would be tried and punished separately under the IPC besides the MV Act 2019.
- The SC-mandated Environment Pollution Prevention and Control Authority told the Delhi Pollution Control Committee and the Central Pollution Control Board that the 13 most polluted hotspots in Delhi will need a fresh and immediate action plan to implement in October itself.
- India has received their first Rafale jet and Rajnath who received the jet and performed the ‘Shastra Puja’ also mentioned that Rafale meant ‘gust of wind’ and hoped that the jet lives up to its name.
- The new Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund said that the global economy is witnessing ‘synchronized slowdown’ and the effect is ‘more pronounced’ by some largest emerging market economies like India.
- In a move to avoid single-use plastics, the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in New Delhi has also banned the use of plastic items ahead of the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The Chinese President Xi Jinping will be visiting India on 11th & 12th October for the second informal summit with our PM Narendra Modi. This summit is set to be taking place in Mamallapuram, Tamil Nadu.
Today News Headlines 9th October 2019 – Sports
- Mary Kom along with Manju Rani entered the quarterfinals of the Women’s World Boxing Championships after defeating Jutamas Jitpong 5-0 and Rojas Tayonis Cedeno 5-0 respectively.
- Smriti Mandhana on Tuesday was ruled out of the three-match ODI series against South Africa due to an injury.
- Hardik Pandya took to twitter a video that shares a glimpse of his journey to recovery.
Baby steps .. but my road to full fitness begins here and now 💪 Thank you to everyone for their support and wishes, it means a lot 🙏 pic.twitter.com/shjo78uyr9
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) October 8, 2019
- MSD joined Leander Paes for a football game in Mumbai.
- In the recent contest of the Pro Kabaddi League, Gujarat Fortunegiants beat Telugu Titans 48-38.
- A reunion of the Bombay Republicans Hockey Club took place last weekend at the St Andrews ground in Bandra where both Marzban Patel and Clarence Lobo were felicitated for winning the ‘Dronacharya Award’.
Today News Headlines 9th October 2019 – Entertainment
- Deepika Padukone shared pictures from her photoshoot with Femina which is celebrating 60 years of their existence with the hashtag #Thenext60
View this post on Instagram
- Priyanka Chopra shared yet another image from her upcoming ‘The Sky is Pink’ on her Twitter with the caption, ‘Walking towards the release day be like!’
Walking towards the release day be like! #3DaysToGo! #TheSkyIsPink in cinemas Oct 11!@FarOutAkhtar @ZairaWasimmm #RohitSaraf #ShonaliBose @RonnieScrewvala @RSVPMovies #SiddharthRoyKapur @roykapurfilms @ipritamofficial @PurplePebblePic #SKGlobal pic.twitter.com/2jtQ4nNykm
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) October 8, 2019
- ‘War’ has joined the 200 crore club after the national holiday for Dussehra. The film collected Rs 27 crores on Tuesday.
- Salman Khan took to his twitter handle to announce the villain in his next Dabangg sequel on Dussehra and captioned the post as, ‘Villain jitna bada ho, usse bhidne mein utna hi mazaa aata hai’.
Villain jitna bada ho, usse bhidne mein utna hi mazaa aata hai.
Introducing Sudeep Kiccha as Balli in ‘Dabangg 3’.#KicchaSudeepInDabangg3@KicchaSudeep @arbaazSkhan @sonakshisinha @saieemmanjrekar @PDdancing @nikhil_dwivedi @SKFilmsOfficial @saffronbrdmedia pic.twitter.com/vvZYvroHYF
— Chulbul Pandey (@BeingSalmanKhan) October 8, 2019
Recommended Reading: Chris Silverwood appointed as the Head Coach of the England Cricket Team