Here are the Business Headlines as on 29th March 2017:
- Axis Bank and select NBFCs see a rally of stock in anticipation of Kotak Bank acquiring one of them.
- Ajanta Pharma, Eicher Motors, PI Industries, Cera Sanitaryware and Natco Pharma have given returns of 47-67% on a compounded basis between fy 09 and fy17.
- Snapdeal planning to reduce office space after layoffs to cut costs.
- Government to borrow Rs.3.72 Lac Crore in a first half of the financial year 2018.
- Amazon clinches a deal to buy the Middle East online retailer Souq.com.
- Sandeep Aggarwal, the founder of Droom & Shopclues has Rs.20 Crore for Private Investments. His favourite sectors are Healthcare, Technology, Retail and Data Science Application Development.
- eSports Sector heating up with projections of $1.5b revenue by 2020.
- Byju’s secures Rs.200 Crore funding from Verlinvest at Rs.4500 Crore valuation; shall invest in its international expansion and acquisition.
- Online meat service startup, Licious, secures $10 million in series B.
- Zoom Air – India’s Newest Airline – Aims High, In Talks to Raise Funds.
- Revised GST legislation may pinch working capital of industries. It could put pressure on the working capital of industries and spark greater litigation in the coming years.
- KKR and CPPIB, which have bought a stake in Airtel’s mobile towers firm Bharti Infratel , are likely to buy Idea Cellular’s stake in Indus Towers as well
- Qatar Airways hastens India push, plans 100 new jets amid Modi’s aviation drive.
- Tata ties-up with Alibaba to take Tetley tea to China.
- India overtakes Japan as 3rd largest aviation market.
- US-based hedge fund Tiger Global is in talks with Japanese investor SoftBank to sell a part of its stake in Flipkart in exchange for a merger of struggling rival Snapdeal with India’s largest e-commerce company.
- FMCG cold war: HUL takes on Amul. Two giant brands get into a slugfest over the goodness of ice creams and frozen desserts.
- Tractor maker Escorts plans cost cutting, to launch VRS for staff.
- Indian Gold jewellery exports down 47% in February 2017 on account of lower offtake from Gulf.
- GST to be levied on renting, EMI on under construction property from July 1, 2017.