Here are the Business Headlines as on 4th April 2017:
- PE firm Warburg Pincus invests Rs 500 crore in Kalyan Jewellers
- Experts say RERA rules would prevent Unitech-like situations
- Infosys deflects Murthy’s criticism, says Rao’s hike must to retain talent
- ‘The Lalit’ plans to go asset light; IPO on the cards
- Cognizant bows to investor pressure on costs: 10,000 likely to lose jobs
- From June, fertiliser firms to get subsidy after PoS retail sale
- New GST rules may impact auto, consumer durables
- Govt to build 59,000-km rural roads in FY18
- Mahesh Jain is IDBI Bank’s new CEO
- Crisil sees weak recovery on spike in bad loans to 10 per cent by March
- India, Malaysia sign $36-bn investment proposals
- Tata Power acquires Welspun’s renewable energy assets
- VLCC in final stage to buy WellScience Health
- Petronas plans to invest $150 million in India’s lubricant market
- ICICI, Axis Bank sell Rs.1800 crore of loans to Ballarpur to Edelweiss
- Nifty closes 9200, Sensex close to 30,000
- No Capital Gains tax on share transfer via IPOs, Bonus Issues. Even if no STT was paid on transfer by a genuine investor.
- Essar said it will sell its BPO company ‘Aegis’ to Capital Square.
- Donald Trump begins crackdown on H-1B visa programme.
- RBI clears proposal to introduce Rs.200 notes.
- Govt plans new equity savings scheme with bigger tax benefits, easier norms.
- UK’s Hammond to meet Arun Jaitley today to promote bilateral trade, investment.
- Urban Ladder hit by flurry of top-level exits
- Manufacturing PMI: India fourth from top in Asia.
- BigBasket in early discussion with multiple financial and strategic investors to raise approx. 150million USD to expand its warehousing and cold chain facilities.
- WayCool, a fresh produce distribution startup, gets $2.7m from Aspada.
- Fintech company Perfios, expert in aggregation and analysis of financial data, helping digital lenders to decide on an application; has raised about Rs.40 crore in a series A round from Bessemer Venture Partners.
- NTex Transportation Services, which operates logistics platform ElasticRun, has raised approx. Rs.47 Crores through Norwest and Kalaari Capital.