Here are the Business Headlines as on 5th April 2017:
- US intensifies H-1B visas scrutiny, heat on freshers.
- ONGC plans up to Rs 65,000 cr investment for exploring KG-basin.
- Weak market, low salary budget to keep average increment flat at 9.7%: KPMG.
- SoftBank fails to convince Jasper board on Snapdeal sale.
- Tata Motors bets on first time ‘upgraders’ to boost Tigor sales.To drive new-look showrooms, spruce up sales process.
- Intel bets on artificial intelligence, to train 15,000 people in India.
- Wildcraft casts a wider net for customers. Will expand its range of products, build brand awareness and visibility.
- TV for children: Viacom18 banks on local content
- Economic Times
Amazon to bundle smart phones with prime video, Kindle and Amazon pay in an attempt to get a higher share of market.
- Reliance Capital in talks with Chinese strategic buyers to sell its stake in Prime Focus, a multiple Oscar-winning media services company.
- ICICI Venture to buy Theobroma stake in $20 million deal. This will be 3rd such investment from ‘India Aternate Fund 4’ for ICICI Venture.
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio foray puts Rs 26,000 crore worth MVNO market in tatters.
- E-commerce sector reports highest salary hikes at 12.5%: KPMG survey.
- InMobi posts profit in December quarter.
- Tatas up game in start-up league, getting into several new-age businesses across solar energy, health care and food tech.
- Spandana Sphoorty raises $270 million. Around $100 million will come in the form of equity capital from Kedaara-led consortium and the rest in the form of debt capital from IndusInd Bank, Yes Bank and ICICI Bank.
- Makoto Takano to funds Companies through Gurugram based Green House Ventures.
- Fingerlix raises Rs.20 Crore in series A.