Here are the Business Headlines as on 7th April 2017:
- RJio made to withdraw Summer Plan due to protest from competitors.
- Government kicks off Rs.21.47 Lac Crore spending plan.Sanction orders and funds released in 1st week of April itself.
- HUL may downsize by 10-15% to follow global cost cutting.
- Practo lets go 150 employees as part of its annual review process.
- Myntra focusses on the exclusive range and not discounts for its Big fashion gig from April 7 to 9. Hope to gets 4.5 Lac orders in 3 days.
- ESOPs may get cover from long term capital gain tax; there was no direct mention of ESOPs in the recent CBDT proposal.
- Falcon Brick gets Rs.4crore funding to enhance its mobile based solution for Construction projects and Business Development.
- Paytm enters healthcare with investment in start-up QorQl.
- After Manmohan’s intervention, Congress allows smooth passage of GST.
- Dr Lal PathLabs eyes growth via acquisitions.
- Jet Airways introduces 15-20% variable pay for top management to save costs.
- Emami to invest Rs 1,000 cr to boost edible oil biz.
- ADB scales down India’s growth to 7.4% for FY18.
- Amazon declines to disclose sales numbers but claims 85% growth in March quarter.
- SC refuses to give more time to Sahara Group to deposit Rs 5,000 crore with Sebi.
- Infrastructure sector sees deals worth $3.49 billion in FY17. The majority of private market transactions in the fiscal ended 31 March were led by the power, roads and renewables sectors.