Here are the Business News Headlines as on 30th May 2017:
- Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal and Nexus Venture Partners have infused Rs.113 Crore in Jasper Infotech Pvt Ltd, which owns Snapdeal. The funding will be used for Unicommerce, a platform for e-commerce sellers to track orders across marketplaces.
- Over 800,000 chemists across the country shall remain closed today to protest against Government’s e-platform plan to regulate sale of drugs.The platform is being set up to ensure supply of quality drugs and curb anti-microbial resistance.
- Cognizant has issued a social media guideline to its employees advising them to refrain from certain activities on social media while representing the company like posting disparaging content about Company, its customers or business, posting anywhere on social media except authorised public social media channels and commenting on any HR related issues.
- Due to huge potential in Digital Payments market, Apple and Facebook are applying for patents to grab as much market share as they can by pushing their services to their existing users.
- Ola is expanding quickly Ola Play, a content platform, launched last November on some of its Prime cabs in Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai. Ola later expanded the platform to all of its Prime fleet in the three cities.Ola Play offers music, shopping apps, movies and other video content to customers and also lets them control air-conditioning.
- Quess Corp., a business services provider firm, shall raise Rs.1000 Crores. The fund shall be used for expansion through acquisition.
- RBI and Government has put about 50 stressed accounts on their watch list. The list includes Videocon Industries Ltd; Jindal Group firms such as Jindal Steel and Power Ltd; Punj Lloyd; Jaypee Group; Lanco, which includes Lanco Infratech; Monnet Ispat; Essar Ltd; and Bhushan Steel. Total value of such top 50 loans is approx. Rs 4-5 lakh crore, which is almost 80-85% of the total bad loans for state-run lenders.
- TeamLease Services, a temporary staffing company, is buying 30% stake in online job portal Freshersworld.com, valued at around Rs18 crore, to scale up its hiring business.
- Supr Daily, a daily consumables subscription firm, has raised Rs.10 Crores from Silicon Valley investors; Soma Capital, Great Oaks Ventures and 122 West Ventures. Supr Daily provides insights into the Indian market based on milk habits.
- LoadShare, logistics technology Company, has raised an undisclosed amount from Matrix.