Here are the Business News Headlines as on 5th June 2017:
- With the infusion of fresh capital of approx. $700 million, food technology sector is expected to grow at a very quick pace.
- VC firm, Inventus Capital is working on to separate its India and US units and raise independent fund of approx. $60-80 million for investing in Indian start-ups.
- South Indian dairy companies are moving into north Indian markets and are working on different sourcing strategies and also adding value-added dairy products to stay profitable.
- After TPG Capital Lp and General Atlantic Llc dropped out, IHH Healthcare which operates Parkway Pantai hospitals in Singapore, Malaysia, China, Brunei and UAE remains the sole contender for acquiring Fortis Healthcare.The deal is expected to be valued at around $1.8-2 Billion.
- On an expansion spree, Lenskart is expected to invest Rs.100 Crore in 400 offline stores, targeting small towns and Tier II & III cities.
- Goomo, Singapore & Mumbai based travel tech startup has raised approx. Rs.332 Crore in funding from private equity firm Emerging India.