Here are the Business News Headlines as on 19th June 2017:
- Airbnb is buying Trooly, a startup specialized in technology helping conduct background checks. Trooly’s technology could help Airbnb track various customer violations such as side deals between guests and hosts. Trooly, founded in 2014, raised US$ 10 million in funding in 2016.
- GST Update : For the first two months of GST implementation, tax would be payable based on a simple return, with a detailed filing later.
- Paytm Mall, working to build on Offline-to-Online, plans to hire about 3000 agents across the country.
- New in the early stage VC Funding Zone is The Zone Startup India, backed by Toronto based Ryerson Futures and Chokhani Family office. The Fund has a corpus of Rs.190 Crore and is looking to build a portfolio of 8-15 companies over the next 12 months.
- Private Equity Firm, New Silk Route, is in the final stages of selling its majority stake (90%) in F&B company Moshe’s for about Rs.15-20 Crores.
- Global Private equity fund, General Atlantic, is in advance talks to buy stake of about 74% in Karvy Computershare, India’s largest share registry company, for about Rs.1500 Crore. The move is part of Computershare’s global strategy of exiting non-core business.