Here are the India Business News Headlines as on 30th June 2017:
- Air India sale : IndiGo, which has 40 percent market share, is keen to buy international operations of Air India. IndiGo is also open to buying the entire operations if demerging the international business is not possible.
- Piramal Finance has invested Rs485 crore in Apollo LogiSolutions. Apollo LogiSolutions plans to use funds for expanding its existing business, ramping up new business ventures and also consolidation of ownership in various joint ventures.
- IT major Cognizant has delayed salary hikes and promotions by three months due to uncertain business environment.
- Tagos Design Innovations, an in-video discovery platform, has raised $5 million in a Series-A funding round from a venture capital firm and two global corporations. Fresh funds will be used to enhance the product, increase user base and hire more people.
- 1mg, an online healthcare pharmacy, is close to finalising $10 million equity financing led by its existing investors. It had earlier raised an undisclosed sum from HBM Healthcare and later Rs.100 Crore from Maverick Capital Ventures.
- Income Tax Department has issued a statement that PAN cards not linked to Aadhar card by the 30th June will not be cancelled as of now. A date will be provided by the IT Deptt. by which linking is to be completed failing which unlinked PANs will be declared invalid. It is mandatory that every person who has been allotted PAN as on 1st of July 2017 must link their PAN Card to Aadhar Card. You can do this online or by sending an sms on the numbers provided.
*News as published in Business Standard, Live Mint and Economic Times.