If we talk about the talented people in India, it would go beyond millions! There are very few people in the world who can make people dance to their beat and dancers are one of them. We have seen many dancers on screen, but only a few can rule the dance floor. Let us have a look at top dancers in India.
Top dancers in India – best dancers in Bollywood
- The glorious dance guru, Prabhu Deva is one of the best dancers of India.
- You can watch his epic dance moves in songs like Oorvasi Oorvasi (Hum Se Hai Muqabla, 1994), Muqala Muqabala (Hum Se Hai Muqabla, 1994), Que Sera Sera (Pukar, 2000), Go-Go Govinda (Oh My God! 2012) and Action Jackson (Action Jackson, 2014).
- People just watch in awe when he dances.
- He is also a successful actor, choreographer, director and producer.
- Shiamak Davar is an Indian dancer and choreographer who is well-known as one of the first to introduce contemporary jazz dance form to India.
- Not only India, he is one of the most popular dancers in the world.
- Shaimak runs his own dance academy.
- Davar won the National Film Award for Best Choreography in 1997 for his work in the film Dil to Pagal Hai, and MTV Style Awards for ‘Most Stylish Song in a Film’, for “Dhoom Again”.
- He has also choreographed numerous events.
- Remo D’Souza’s efforts and devotion to dance made him what he is today.
- D’Souza is a famous Indian dancer, choreographer, film director and producer.
- He has judged dance reality show Dance India Dance (DID) with Terence Lewis and Geeta Kapoor.
- His show Dance+ is one of the most popular dance based shows on the Indian Television.
- Terrence Lewis is an Indian dancer and choreographer who has training in ballet, jazz, and contemporary dance.
- He judged famous dance shows like Dance India Dance seasons 1, 2 and 3, Nach Baliye 5.
- He owns and runs a dance academy called ‘Terence Lewis Contemporary Dance Company’.
- For the 90s kids, dancing means Hrithik Roshan! Hrithik’s “Me aisa kyu hu” was a hit because of those unique dance steps.
- You can see his amazing dance moves in Bang Bang, Ghungroo, Tu meri, Ek pal ka jeena, Sitaron ki Mehfil, Dil Na Diya, Dhoom Machale, and many more.
- Shakti Mohan is a popular dancer who came to fame after winning DID.
- Her first song as a choreographer in Bollywood is “Nainowale Ne” in the movie Padmaavat.
- She has appeared in the music videos Kanha Re (2018), Akh Lad Jaave Nritya Jam (2018), and Aakhri Baar (2019).
Top dancers in India- best dancers in Bollywood
- Shantanu Maheshwari is an Indian dancer, choreographer, and host.
- Shantanu is a part of the Desi Hoppers dance crew who emerged as winners in the World of Dance 2015 Championship in Los Angeles.
- In 2016, Shantanu along with his crew Desi Hoppers gave a special performance on America’s Got Talent in season 11.
- He has participated in many television shows and also took part in reality shows like Khatron Ke Khiladi and Jhalak Dikhla Ja.
- Dharmesh Yelande, also known as Dharmesh Sir participated in Dance India Dance season 2.
- After watching him in dance shows, he was hired by Farah Khan to choreograph songs for the movie Tees Maar Khan.
- He has also acted in movies like Street Dancer 3D, ABCD, and ABCD 2.
- Dharmesh is also one of the judges of tv reality show Dance+.
- Puneet Pathak is an Indian dancer, actor, and choreographer who participated in Dance India Dance.
- He made his Bollywood debut in 2013 with the film ABCD: Any Body Can Dance.
- Puneet has also worked in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa as a choreographer and is also one of the judges on the famous dance based reality show Dance+.
Salman Yusuff Khan
- Salman Yusuff Khan is a famous Indian dancer who was the winner of Dance India Dance season 1.
- Salman appeared in the title song of Wanted and did the music video “Dance of Death” for the movie Rakta Charitra.
- He made his Bollywood debut with the film, ABCD: Anybody Can Dance, under the direction of Remo D’Souza.