Do you know about these top female bodybuilders of India?
Women in India are steadily and diligently carving a niche for themselves in areas which were initially dominated by men. One such field is bodybuilding. We would proudly like to tell you about these top female bodybuilders of India who have been a source of inspiration to many.
Yashmeen Chauhan Manak
- Yashmeen Chauhan Manak was born on 21st March 1979 in Delhi and is an Indian female bodybuilder who is the owner of Sculpt Gym.
- She is a Bronze Medal winner in IFBB Ms Asia Bodybuilding Championship in 2016, IBBFF Ms India Double Gold Winner, Best Body Award winner of Gladrags Mrs India 2005, and was the first runner up at the Body Power India Expo “Fit Factor” 2015.
- Yashmeen provides online training, aerobics, and personal training.
- She is also a Certified Aerobics Instructor of Reebok.
- Yashmeen Chauhan is one of the top Indian female bodybuilders and also known as the ‘Iron Lady’.
- Karuna Waghmare is India’s First International Level Bodybuilder.
- She was India’s first brand ambassador for MuscleTech.
- She recently launched a fitness modeling program in Mumbai to train fitness enthusiasts, models, and aspiring bodybuilders.
- Karuna won Ms India Fitness Physique 2012 and World Women’s Physique championship.
- Karuna scored 6th position in the Female Physique Fitness category at the 2015 Amateur Olympia, becoming the first Indian woman to receive a medal at the event.
Must Read: The Untold Story of Jaypal Singh Munda
Thingbaijam Sarita Devi
- Sarita Devi is the first Indian woman to win National Bodybuilding Championship for three years consecutively.
- Apart from her successful career in bodybuilding, she has also earned immense fame and recognition in boxing.
- She ranked 5th in Asian Championship – Macau, China held in 2014.
- In the World Championship hosted in India, she again ranked 5th.
- Won silver at 49th Asian Bodybuilding Championship hosted in Uzbekistan.
- Sarita won bronze at 2016 World Championship held in Bangkok.
- Sonali Swami is an International Fitness Athlete who is also a Bowka and Zumba expert.
- She is an Entrepreneur, Arts Professional, and Independent Business Owner.
- Sonali is also known as “Lady Salman” because of her 6 pack abs.
- She received a bronze medal in Asian Championship (2016) and was the winner of Fit Factor at Body Power India (2014).
top female bodybuilders of India – Ankita Singh
- Ankita Singh aka Ankita Extreme secured 5th position in the Women’s Fitness Physique category at the 6th World Body Building and Physique Sports Championship (2014).
- She was among the top five finalists at the 2015 Jerrai Classics.
- In 2016, she stood fourth at the Miss India Championships in Raipur. She has also won a bronze medal at 2017 IBBF Miss India Bikini Physique.
- Ankita Singh has competed as a professional Indian female bodybuilder 13 times nationally and twice internationally.
- Deepika Chowdhury is a popular name in Indian female bodybuilders.
- She is the first Indian woman to win the Overall Figure category at the 2015 NPC Steve Stone Metropolitan Championships, USA.
- Deepika started her career as a Molecular Biologist in research.
- She is the first figure athlete to represent India in international competitions.
- Came first in the “Battle Of The Beach” and also Ft. Lauderdale Cup in 2014.
Recommended Reading: Sindhutai Sapkal also known as “Mother of Orphans”