India vs England ODI – Both India and England are getting ready for the world cup clash on Sunday 30thJune 2019.
India is currently the unbeatable side in the tournament and on the other hand, England will have to win this game to ensure that they can still break in the top 4 four spot.
Today we bring to you top knocks from the batsmen of India vs England ODI Cricket.
1 Rahul Dravid 92 not out v/s England at Bristol in 2007:Rahul Dravid always came up with something special whenever he was criticized. This innings of 92 not out from just 63 balls against England was the one of them. After losing the first ODI, India needed to bounce back to stay alive in the series. After a wonderful opening stand and contribution by Sachin Tendulkar & Yuvraj Singh, India needed a momentum to score quick runs. At that point Dhoni tried but eventually got out to Jimmy Anderson for 21 runs. After England was back to their business by picking up Dinesh Kartik, Ajit Agarkar and Romesh Powar in a few overs, Dravid alone took the responsibility and scored quick runs. His knock of unbeaten 93 from just 63 balls helped India to reach a decent total of 329. Chasing the score of 330 runs, England fell short of nine runs and Rahul Dravid was declared the player-of-the-match.
2. Yuvraj Singh 69 v/s England at Natwest Series Final:This match was played on July 13, 2002. The Lords Cricket Ground was truly entertained by both the teams. England batted first in that final. Hundreds from Marcos Trescothick and Naseer Hussain helped England to post 325 for 5 in their 50 overs. Chasing 326 for victory, the Indian openers gave a good start of 106 runs. But wickets of Sourav Ganguly and Virender Sehwag in consecutive overs, gave a chance to England to make a comeback into the match. England seized this opportunity and removed Dinesh Mongia, Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar in quick succession. From 106 for no loss, suddenly India was in a spot to be bothered. At 145 for 6, two young men and future cricketers of India, Yuvraj Singh and Mohd Kaif tried to play a rescue act together. These two guys turned the match around on its head. England couldn’t break their partnership as they added 121 runs for the sixth wicket ensuring that India was still in the game. After Yuvraj got out for well-made 69, Kumble couldn’t hang around with Kaif. He was out very quickly in span of two balls. It was Kaif again who was involved with a small partnership with Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan to give India a famous win at Lords. India won the Natwest series.
India vs England ODI
3. Yuvraj Singh 138 not out v/s England at Rajkot:This match was played at Rajkot on November 14, 2008. India was sent in to bat by the visiting team, England. Indian openers Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag made 127 runs in just 19.5 overs for the opening stands. England managed to get a breakthrough in form of Gambhir. Few overs later Sehwag also joined Gambhir in the pavilion. Suresh Raina played well for his 43 but got out very early. He built a partnership of 89 runs with Yuvraj Singh. Then captain Dhoni and Yuvraj took the charge and their 109-run stand was finally broken when the captain lost his wicket. But no one could stop Yuvi on that day. He smashed the England bowlers out of the park and in this process he completed his well deserved century. Yuvraj scored 138 not out. India’s target of 388 was a massive one for England to chase. They could only manage 229 in 37.4 over and India won the match by a huge margin of 158 runs. Yuvraj was the man-of-the-match for his knock of 138 runs.
India vs England ODI
4. Sachin Tendulkar 120 runs v/s England:This was the first ever match to have been tied in the World Cup and the first between these two teams as well. India and England were placed in Group B. India won the toss and opted to bat first. Sachin and Sehwag gave India a good start. In just 7 overs, India were 46 for no loss. Sehwag gave his wicket away in quest of quick runs. Sachin and Gautam Gambhir built on the partnership and added 134 runs for the second wicket. Gambhir scored a well-made half century but fell soon after scoring 51 runs. However, the English bowlers couldn’t stop Sachin on that day. He built another partnership with Yuvi. They both shared a 56-run partnership. Sachin went on to score a century and finally fell in the 38th over to Jimmy Anderson for a well-made 120. Then captain Dhoni and Yuvraj added 69 runs in quick time that helped India to get pass 300-run mark. India was all out for 338 runs in 49.5 overs. In response to this, England threatened to chase down India’s target of 339 runs. After the wicket of Kevin Peterson, Andrew Strauss and Ian bell built a great partnership. This partnership of 170 runs was highest in that match. Strauss completed his wonderful century and Ian Bell scored well made 69. In the last over England required 14 to win this historic match. Munaf Patel bowled the last over. He conceded one six. But India ensured that they won’t let England win this by giving away only 1 run of the last ball. The match ended in a tie.
India vs England ODI
5. Virender Sehwag 126 and Saurav Ganguly 117 not out v/s England in Colombo:It was the 11th match in ICC Champions Trophy in 2002/03. England won the toss and batted first. Good and disciplined bowling allowed England to only make a total of 269 runs in 50 overs. In response to this, the Indian openers started off really well à It was the best start from Sehwag and Saurav Ganguly. The opening stand of 192 runs seized the game from England. Both the Indian openers slammed tons. Ganuly scored 117 not out and Sehwag scored 126 runs. This opening partnership made sure that India won the game with ease. Sehwag was awarded Man-of-the-match for his 126 runs.
6. Yuvraj Singh’s 150 vs England at Cuttack –
India was already up by the margin of 1-0 in the 3 match ODI series. To clinch the series here, India needed to bat well, but the openers failed to put a good show, and before long it was 3 for 25.It was then that MS Dhoni and Yuvraj joined at the crease and they started the repairing process which was needed. Dhoni and Yuvi shared a match-winning partnership of 256 runs which turned things in India’s favour. Yuvi scored his first and only plus 150 score of his career, while Dhoni contributed with 134 runs. India managed to score 381 runs. But, this match ran closer than expected Eoin Morgan blasted 102 runs , while Jason Roy and Joe Root both went past 50. England tried hard, but the visitors couldn’t get over the line as India won the match and series by just 15 runs.
All fans of cricket love to watch India vs England ODI as there is always something new happening each time.
At the end of each India vs England ODI match, we have somehow found that India has played with an amazing skill set and even at times when we thought they might lose the match, Team India has made an unpredictable comeback.