Traffic restrictions in Delhi – With New Delhi all set to celebrate India’s 75th Independence Day of India, the Delhi Traffic Police has issued a traffic advisory for travelers in and around the Red Fort area. Here is Delhi traffic police advisory on independence day 2021 – traffic restrictions on 15 August 2021 in Delhi.
Traffic restrictions in Delhi
Do note that the following roads will be closed for general traffic on 15 August 2021 from 04 am till 10 am. Only vehicles with special labels will be permitted on these roads.
The roads with 15 august 2021 movement restrictions are:
- Ring Road from Rajghat to ISBT.
- Outer Ring Road from ISBT to IP Flyover, ie Salimgarh Bypass.
- Netaji Subhash Marg from Delhi Gate to Chatta Rail Chowk.
- Lothian Road from GPO Delhi to Chatta Rail Chowk.
- SP Mukherjee Marg from HC Sen Marg to Yamuna Bazar Chowk.
- Chandni Chowk Road from Fountain Chowk to Red Fort.
- Nishad Raj Marg from Ring Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
- Esplanade Road and its Link Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
Traffic restrictions in Delhi 2021
Which roads to avoid on Independence Day 2021?
The vehicles without parking labels for the Independence Day Celebrations 2021 must avoid the following roads/areas:
C-Hexagon India Gate, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, Sikandra Road, W Point, A point Tilak Marg, Subhash Marg, JL Nehru Marg, Mathura Road, BSZ Marg, and Ring Road between Nizamuddin Bridge and ISBT bridge and outer ring road from IP Flyover through Salimgarh Bypass to ISBT and instead use the advised route.
Will buses run on Independence Day 2021?
On 15 August, Delhi city buses will not run on Ring Road between ISBT and NH-24/NH T-point till 11 am and will take alternative routes. Buses whose last stop is Red Fort, Delhi main railway station, and Jama Masjid would be curtailed or diverted till 10 am on 15 August 2021.
Will Metro run on Independence Day 2021?
Yes, Delhi metro will run on 15 August 2021 the whole day as announced by DMRC. However, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation announced that parking lots at Metro stations will be closed from 6 am of 14 August until 2 pm on 15 August. So, plan accordingly.
Will restaurants and malls be open on 15 August 2021?
All restaurants and malls in Delhi will remain open on 15 August 2021. However, they will shut down at 10 pm as per the current Covid-19 restrictions.
Can I take my car for Independence Day celebrations at Red Fort?
Reportedly Delhi police has issued two types of passes for the invitees this year, one triangular and another square pass. The vehicles having a triangle pass will be allowed inside the Red Fort complex but the ones having a square pass will have to park in the parking lot away from the venue.
Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Independence Day celebrations in New Delhi will be different from the previous years. The main ceremony at the Red Fort in Delhi will be celebrated under certain preventive measures.
Ahead of the Independence Day celebrations, elaborate security arrangements have been made by the Delhi Police. The union home ministry has said that Independence Day programs will be organized in a way to avoid a large congregation of people and technology will be used in the best possible manner for the celebration of the occasion.
As per the MHA order, the Independence Day celebrations in Delhi shall consist of the following:
Independence Day 2021 celebrations at Red Fort
- The ceremony at Red Fort consists of the presentation of a Guard of Honour by the Armed Forces and the Delhi Police to the Prime Minister.
- The unfurling of the National Flag accompanied by playing of the National Anthem and firing of 21-gun salute.
- Showering of flower petals by the helicopters of Indian Air Force.
- Speech by the Prime Minister, Sh.Narendra Modi.
- Singing of the National Anthem immediately after PM’s speech.
- Release of tri-colored balloons at the end.
“At Home” reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan will be held.