We bring you some interesting and unknown facts about Ankita Lokhande.
Ankita Lokhande was born on 19 December 1984 in a Maharashtrian family. Her real name is Tanuja and is lovingly called as ‘Ankita’ at home. She is one of the few small screen divas, who is gearing up for her big Bollywood debut. She rose to fame from Ekta Kapoor’s long-running daily soap, ‘Pavitra Rishta’ and won a place in people’s hearts by playing the girl next door character named Archana.
Let’s find out some unknown facts about Ankita Lokhande:
- Ankita is from Indore but she moved to Mumbai to become an actress.
- She was a state level badminton player in college.
Must Read: Unknown facts about John Abraham
- Her father Shashikant Lokhande is a banker. Ankita’s mother Vandana loves to teach and is a homemaker.
- She has a fetish for Indian food. She loves to eat bhindi with ghee, roti and dal fry while her favourite non-vegetarian dish is Butter chicken.
- We all know about she being a skillful actor but little do we know that she is also a very good dancer and a bathroom singer.
- She made her small screen debut with the celebrated show ‘Pavitra Rishta’, but that was not actually her debut show. She was initially supposed to debut in a romantic school drama ‘Baali Umar Ko Salaam’. However, as things didn’t work out, the show was scrapped and she was picked by Ekta Kapoor to play the lead in her show.
- She has also participated in dance based reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ Season 4 in 2011. In the same year, she also participated in another reality show ‘Comedy Circus’ along with Kapil Sharma.
- She was a part of mini-series ‘Ek Thhi Naayka’ in 2013, created by Ekta Kapoor for the promotion of her film ‘Ek Thi Daayan’ in which she played the role of Pragya.
- Ankita will soon appear in Bollywood film ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi’ alongside Kangana Ranaut.
- She was in a relationship with Sushant Singh Rajput for almost 6 years, before calling it quits in 2016.
She has been at her charming best by impressing more than a million Indian fans nationally and internationally on television. The beautiful actress also knows how to keep up with her publicity gimmicks to keep the scribes busy with her controversies such as slapping her boyfriend Sushant Singh Rajput and then making up, so on and so forth.