Check out the unlock guidelines for offices:
- Firstly, all persons above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet in public places.
- Use of face cover/mask is
- Wash your hand frequently with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds).
- Follow strict respiratory etiquettes – covering your mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue, handkerchief, or a flexed elbow and dispose off used tissues properly.
- Self-monitor your health and report any illness to the immediate supervisory officer at the earliest.
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- All employees must install & use the Aarogya Setu App.
Must Read: Unlock Guidelines for Hotels
Unlock 1.0 Guidelines for Offices – Unlock Guidelines for Offices to follow
- All entrances must have a mandatory hand hygiene and thermal screening provision.
- Only people with no symptoms shall be allowed in offices.
- Any officer and staff residing in containment zone should inform the supervisory officer and must not attend office till containment zone is denotified. Such staff should be permitted to work from home and it will not be counted as leave period.
- Drivers should maintain social distancing and shall follow required dos and don’ts relating to COVID-19. Service providers/ officers/ staff should ensure that drivers residing in containment zones shall not be allowed to drive vehicles.
- Provision for disinfection of interior of the vehicles, using 1% sodium hypochlorite solution/ spray shall be applicable. A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. should be taken up.
- Advise all employees with higher risk to take extra precautions (i.e. older employees, pregnant employees and employees who have underlying medical conditions). They should not be exposed to any front-line work requiring direct contact with public. Office management must facilitate for them to work from home wherever feasible.
- All officers and staff / visitors should only be allowed to enter with a face cover/mask. A person should wear a face cover/mask inside the office premises at all times.
- Routine issue of visitors/temporary passes should be suspended and visitors should only be allowed with proper permission of the officer who they want to meet, after being properly screened.
- Meetings, as far as feasible, should be done via video conferencing.
- Posters/standees/AV media with preventive measures about COVID-19 should be displayed prominently.
Also Read: Unlock Guidelines for Restaurants
Unlock Guidelines for Offices to follow
- Staggering during office hours, lunch hours/coffee breaks to be done, as far as feasible.
- Proper crowd management to be practiced in parking lots and outside office premises.
- Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with staff wearing face cover/mask and gloves. A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of vehicles should be taken up.
- Any shops, stalls, cafeteria etc., outside or within the office premises shall follow social distancing norms at all times.
- Specific markings must be made with sufficient distance to manage queues and to ensure social distancing in the premises.
- A separate entry and exit for officers, staff, and visitors shall be organized, if possible.
- Proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of workplace must be ensured, especially frequently touched surfaces.
- Ensure regular supply of hand sanitisers, soap and running water in the washrooms.
- Precautions must be taken while handling supplies, inventories and goods in the office.
- Seating arrangement to be made in such a way that adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted.
- Temperature of all air conditioning devices should range between 24-30oC, as directed by guidelines of CPWD. Relative humidity should range between 40-70% while intake of fresh air should be as much as possible with adequate cross ventilation.
- Large gatherings shall continue to remain prohibited.
- Effective and frequent sanitation within premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking, and hand washing stations/areas.
- Cleaning and regular disinfection (using 1% sodium hypochlorite) of frequently touched surfaces (door knobs, elevator buttons, hand rails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc.) shall be done in office premises and in common areas.
- Employees/Visitors must all ensure proper disposal of face covers / masks / gloves.
- In the cafeteria/canteen/dining halls:
– Adequate crowd and queue management must be ensured.
– Staff / waiters must wear mask and hand gloves, along with other required precautionary measures.
– Seating arrangement must ensure a distance of at least 1 meter between patrons.
– The staff in the kitchen must follow all social distancing norms.
Do Read: Unlock Guidelines for Malls
Unlock 1.0 Guidelines for Offices – Unlock Guidelines for Offices to follow
What to do in case of a suspect or confirmed case in the premises?
- Place the ill person in an isolated room or area, away from others.
- Provide a mask/face cover till he/she is examined by a doctor.
- Immediately inform the nearest medical facility (hospital/clinic) or call the state or district helpline.
- A risk assessment will be undertaken by the designated public health authority (district RRT/treating physician) and accordingly further advice shall be made regarding management of case, his/her contacts and need for disinfection.
- The suspect case if reporting very mild/mild symptoms on assessment by the health authorities would be placed under home isolation.
- Suspect case, if assessed by health authorities as moderate to severe, will be treated as per health protocol in appropriate health facility.
- The rapid response team of the concerned district shall be requisitioned and will undertake the listing of contacts.
- The necessary actions for contact tracing and disinfection of work place must start once the report of the patient is received as positive. The report will be expedited for this purpose.
Now, if there are large number of contacts from a pre-symptomatic/asymptomatic case, there could be a possibility of a cluster emerging in workplace setting. Due to the close environment in workplace settings this could even be a large cluster with more than 15 cases). The essential principles of risk assessment, isolation, and quarantine of contacts, case referral and management in this case will remain the same. However, the scale of arrangements will be higher.
In such a case the Management of contacts will go as follows:
- The contacts will be categorised into high and low risk contacts by the District RRTas detailed in the Annexure I.
- The high-risk exposure contacts shall be quarantined for 14 days.
- These persons shall undergo testing as per ICMR protocol.
- The low risk exposure contacts shall continue to work and closely monitor their health for next 14 days.
- The flowchart for management of contact/ cases is placed at Annexure – II.
Closure of workplace
If there are 1 or 2 cases reported, then disinfection procedure will be limited to places/areas visited by the patient in past 48 hrs. There is no need to close the entire office building/halt work in other areas of the office and work can be resumed after disinfection as per laid down protocol.
– However, if there is a larger outbreak, the building/block will have to be closed for 48 hours after thorough disinfection. All the staff will work from home, till the building/block is adequately disinfected and is declared fit for re-occupation.
Disinfection Procedures in Offices
Detailed guidelines on the disinfection shall be followed as already issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on their website.
Recommended Reading: Unlock Guidelines for Religious Places / Places of Worship