Check out the unlock guidelines for religious places:
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet.
- It is mandatory to use face covers/masks.
- Wash your hands with soap frequently (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds).
- Follow strict respiratory etiquettes – cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing with a tissue, handkerchief, or a flexed elbow and dispose off the used tissues properly.
- Self-monitor your health and report any illness to the state and district helpline at the earliest.
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- Install and use the Aarogya Setu App.
Must Read: Unlock Guidelines for Offices
Unlock 1.0 Guidelines for Religious Places – Unlock Guidelines for Religious Places
All religious places shall ensure:
- Mandatory hand hygiene and thermal screening at the entrance.
- Only people with no symptoms shall be allowed in the premises.
- People must only be allowed entry if they are using face cover/masks.
- Posters/standees with preventive measures about COVID-19 must be displayed prominently. Audio and Video clips can also help in spreading awareness on preventive measures for COVID-19 and must regularly be played.
- Staggering of visitors to be done, if possible.
- Shoes / footwear should preferably be taken off inside vehicles itself. If needed, they should be kept in separate slots for each individual / family by the person themselves.
- People must ensure proper crowd management in parking lots and outside the premises.
- Any shops, stalls, cafeteria etc., outside or within the premises shall follow social distancing norms at all times.
- Specific markings must be made with sufficient distant to manage queues as also to ensure social distancing in the premises.
- A preferably separate entry and exits for visitors shall be organized.
- Maintain a physical distancing of minimum 6 feet at all times while queuing up for
- People must wash their hands and feet with soap and water before entering the premises.
- Seating arrangement must be made in a way that maintains adequate social distancing.
Also Read: Unlock Guidelines for Malls
Unlock 1.0 Guidelines for Religious Places – Unlock Guidelines for Religious Places to follow
- Temperature of all air conditioning devices should range between 24-30oC, as directed by guidelines of CPWD. Relative humidity should range between 40-70% while intake of fresh air should be as much as possible with adequate cross ventilation.
- Touching statues/idols/holy books etc. shall not to be allowed.
- Large gatherings/congregation shall continue to remain prohibited.
- Choir or singing groups should not be allowed as far as feasible. Recorded devotional music/songs can be played instead.
- Avoid physical contact while greeting each other.
- Common prayer mats should be avoided and devotees should bring their own prayer mat or piece of cloth which they can take back with them.
- No physical offerings like Prasad/distribution or sprinkling of holy water, etc will be allowed inside religious places.
- Community kitchens/langars / “Ann-daan”, etc. should follow physical distancing norms while preparing and distributing food.
- Effective sanitation within the premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, hand and foot-washing stations/areas.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection must be maintained by the management of the religious place.
- Floors in the premises should particularly be cleaned multiple times.
- Visitors must ensure proper disposal of face covers / masks / gloves.
Unlock Guidelines for Religious Places
What to do in case of a suspect or confirmed case in the premises?
- Place the ill person in an isolated room or area, away from others.
- Provide a mask/face cover till he/she is examined by a doctor.
- Immediately inform the nearest medical facility (hospital/clinic) or call the state or district helpline.
- A risk assessment will be undertaken by the designated public health authority (district RRT/treating physician) and accordingly further action must be initiated regarding management of case, his/her contacts and need for disinfection.
- Disinfection of the premises to mandatorily be taken up if the person is found positive.
Recommended Reading: Unlock Guidelines for Hotels