Like all other Ekadashi’s, God Vishnu is worshipped on Varuthini Ekadashi. His fifth avatar, Vamana avatar is worshipped on this day. It is observed in the Krishna Paksha of Vaishakha month (as per North Indian calender), and Krishna Paksha of the Chaitra month (as per South Indian calender). The Varuthini Ekadashi 2020 is on 18 April.
There are also certain rules that must be followed on Varuthini Ekadashi. Ekadashi vrat is one of the toughest fasts of Hindus. Let’s give you some information about Varuthini Ekadashi Vrat Vidhi:
- Stay awake all night and pray to the God.
- Sing devotional songs and hymns with family members.
- Observe a fast with only one meal which excludes meat, red lentil, honey, garlic, onion, brinjal, chickpea, paan, spinach, black gram, and betel nut. Make sure this meal must not be eaten in bell metal utensils.
- Do not indulge in gambling, sports, theft, lying, sleep, anger, exercise, shaving, brushing, being narrow-minded, or saying anything bad about others.
- Abstain from violence and sexual activities.
- Intoxication of any form is completely forbidden.
The Ekadashi Tithi Begins at 08:03 PM on 17 April, 2020 and the Ekadashi Tithi ends at 10:17 PM on 18 April, 2020. According to the Bhavishya Purana, the Varuthini Ekadashi story was narrated by lord Krishna to Yudhishthira. The Parana Time starts from 05:51 AM on 19th April and will last for 2 hours and 35 minutes, till 08:26 AM on 19th April.
The Varuthini Ekadashi Katha summarizes that the basis of good luck is ‘patience’. By keeping control in every way, happiness & good fortune of human being tends to grow. The tenacity, sacrifice, and devotion towards worshipping goes in vain, if there is no restraint in the creature.
Recommended Read: How to make a mask at home in Hindi