Want to experience these haunted places in Delhi?
There are many haunted places in Delhi that can make you feel the presence of paranormal activities and negative energy. It is believed that one can also feel shadowy appearances of djinns, ghosts, and spirits at these places.
Know the dark secrets of these haunted places in Delhi:
- The first haunted place in our list is Delhi Cantonment or Delhi Cant. It is said to be one of the scariest haunted sites in Delhi.
- It is also believed that Delhi Cant is shelter to a lady ghost, who was killed in a car accident.
- People believe that the lady’s spirit tries to attract passengers and if people do not stop their cars, she runs after the car and if they stop she disappears in a second.
Must Read: Five best places in Delhi to enjoy street food
- There are a lot of mythical stories related to Lothian Cemetery. The rumour says that a British officer Nicholas fell in love with an Indian lady but failed to marry her.
- So, heartbroken Nicholas shot himself in the head and now his ghost roams in the graveyard and cries out the name of the woman he loved.
- Many of those who have seen this ghost without his head, are not alive to recount the tales and those of who are alive are unnerved with fear.
Bhuli Bhatiyari ka Mahal:
- Bhuli Bhatiyari ka Mahal is known to be haunted. A rumour is supported by the local people who have confessed that they sometimes hear strange sounds, including cries of men.
- Policemen are usually stationed at this place to keep people from entering the complex after sunset.
The Karkardooma Delhi Court:
- Many lawyers at Karkardooma Court Complex have observed paranormal activities around this place.
- Closing and the opening of doors, files being plucked off drawers, flickering lights, an appearance of a figure through walls and movements of chairs, all of these activities have been caught on a camera installed in the Court.
Must Read: Seven Best Places to Shop in Agra
Feroz Shah Kotla Fort:
- There are many tales about the presence of Djinns in this fort. There are people who meet on Thursday evenings to please the Djinns of this place.
- Some people observed a sudden push and sudden emergence of fragrances.
- Every Thursday, locals can be seen lighting candles and incense sticks in dark spots, offering bowls of milk and grain to appease the djinns, hoping for their wishes will come true.
- Sometimes, you can also find mentally disturbed people coming here to find solace.
Sanjay Van, the Eerie Woods:
- Sanjay Van is a stretch of dense forest in the heart of Delhi.
- The numerous tombs of Sufi saints in the forest are supposedly teeming with paranormal energy, for the forest is completely desolate.
- Visitors sometimes complain about the unsettling voice beckoning to them.
Must Read: Biker Themed café in Delhi NCR for Passionate Lovers
- There are many different versions of the reasons behind the ghostly presence at Khooni Darwaza, like the brutal murder of three princes and hanging of freedom fighters by Englishmen.
- Whatever the reason is, the sudden drop in temperature and ghostlike images through walls of this gate can give you chills to the bones.
- It is said that the spirits here don’t cause any disturbance to the Indians, but strange things have happened to foreigners who’ve paid a visit to this place.
Must Read: Top five places to shop in Goa
Isn’t it scary? If you want to feel and observe some paranormal activities, plan your next trip to these ‘haunted places in Delhi’?
For more articles like ‘Want to experience these haunted places in Delhi?’, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.