Are you wondering what to do if you have coronavirus symptoms? One can never be too sure about diseases like coronavirus. So, let’s take a look at what to do if any of us falls prey to the disease or have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Symptoms of Coronavirus – what to do if you have coronavirus symptoms
Common symptoms of coronavirus
- Dry Cough
More symptoms of coronavirus
- Aches and Pains
- Sore Throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on skin or discolouration of fingers or toes
Serious symptoms of coronavirus
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
Must Read: How to Use Aarogya Setu App and Download
what to do if you have coronavirus symptoms
Knowing the symptoms of coronavirus now, here is what to do if you have coronavirus symptoms:
Stay home except to get medical care
- Stay home: A fact is that most people with mild illness of COVID-19 are able to recover at home. This is only possible if you do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit any public areas.
- Take care of yourself: Getting rest and staying hydrated is the only right thing to do.
- Consult your doctor: Call your doctor before paying a visit. Also do not take any medications without their prescription. Be sure to get care if you have trouble in breathing and any other signs.
- Avoid public transportation: Absolutely avoid stepping outside the house. Avoid taking a taxis and other ride-sharing vehicles.
Separate yourself from other people and pets at home
- As much as possible, stay in a specific room. Stay away from people and pets even at home. It would also be a better idea to use a separate bathroom. If you want to be around your family or pet, make sure you have your mask on or cover your mouth and nose with a piece of cloth.
Monitor your symptoms
Regularly check for all symptoms of coronavirus. Follow care instructions as recommended by your healthcare provider or local health department. They will give you the right instructions on checking your symptoms and in reporting information.
what to do if you have coronavirus symptoms – Stay safe, stay home.
Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing and sneezing.
- Throw away the used tissues in a lined trash can.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol in case there is no soap and water available.
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often: Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This is especially very important after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. You must also wash your hands after going to the washroom and before eating and preparing food.
- Use a hand sanitizer: Use a sanitizer and cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until it dries.
- Soap and water are the best option: This is because it makes your hands visibly clean.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid sharing personal household items
- Do not share your drinking glasses, cups, dishes, eating utensils, towels, bedding, etc with others at home.
- Wash all these things with soap and water thoroughly after your use.
Clean all high-touch surfaces everyday
High-touch surfaces including phones, remote controls, counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables, etc must all be cleaned and disinfected. If you are doing the cleaning for someone who is ill, please make sure you have your mask on and hands covered.
Do not get impatient too easily. This will take up a minimum of 14 days to go away. You need to follow all precautions and constantly stay in touch with your doctor or healthcare provider about your symptoms.
Recommended Reading: History of Pandemics in the world