Do you know why do we worship Kuber Dev on Diwali and dhanteras? Along with Ganesha and Laxmi, Kuber, the god of wealth, is also worshipped on Diwali. Let’s find out why? Also know Kuber Mantra with meaning in hindi and english.
Diwali is one of the most important festivals of Hindu dharma, which is celebrated to mark the victory of good over evil. The Legend of Rama’s victory over Ravana mentioned in the Hindu epic Ramayana is celebrated on this day. Lord Rama had returned to Ajodhya after fourteen years of exile in the forest.
The festival is celebrated by lighting lamps and praying to gods for goodwill and prosperity. Even though we pray to all the gods and seek all of their blessings but Hindus prominently pray to Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Ganesha and Kuber Dev. While we know the significance of Ganesh and Lakshmi worship on this day, not many of us know the significance of Kuber worship. Let’s find out why do we worship Kuber Dev on Diwali.
Why do we worship Kuber Dev on Diwali – Shri Kuber Puja Vidhi
- Kuber Dev is known by several names like Kubera, Dhanpati, Kuber, Ekakshi Pilang and a few more. He is considered to be the ‘God of Wealth’. Kuber is depicted as a potbellied figurine with short stature.
- He is also the ‘King of Yaksha’.
- He was an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva and had undertaken a tough penance to please him. Lord Shiva impressed with his devotion, granted him the boon to be the treasurer of the Gods.
- He is also responsible for managing the North Direction. This is the reason why the north direction is considered auspicious to face towards while worshipping or performing any holy rituals. Since he is the bearer of the north direction, he is also known as Dikpala and Lokpal.
- Worshipping Kuber is believed to bring wealth and prosperity. Worshipping him on Diwali is said to fulfill all the material desires of a person.
- Kubera Bhandari temple in Gujarat and Dhopeshwar Mahadev temple in Madhya Pradesh are the most famous temples of Kuber in India.
- While many people worship Kubera only on Diwali, it is also recommended to worship him on Dhanteras as well. You can also worship him every Tuesday and Friday.
Why do we worship Kuber Dev on Diwali – How to do Kuber puja on Diwali
For worshipping Kuber, you can do Kuber Mantra or Kuber statue. But, in case you don’t have any of these, you can worship any box of jewelry or a chest considering that to be the Kuber idol. So, let’s find out how to do kuber puja on diwali and know the Kuber Mantras with meaning in hindi and english
– Draw Swastik sign on the idol and tie kalawa, also called mauli.
– Focus your thoughts on Shri Kuber and recite the following mantra:
Kuber dhyana mantra in Hindi and english
गरुड-रत्न-निभं निधि-नायकम् ।
वर-गदे दधतं भज तुन्दिलम् ।।
Var–Gade Dadhatam Bhaje Tundilam॥
Meaning of kuber mantra
I pray the magnanimous Shri Kuber, the one who mounts on the human-form chariot, the one who is master of all treasures like great Garuda, the one who is a friend of Lord Shiva, the one adorned with a crown and jewellery and the one whose one hand remains in Var-Mudra (blessing) and carries Gada in the other hand.
– After the dhyana, with joined hands keeping thumbs folded inwards, invoke Shri Kuber with the following mantra.
Aavahayami Dev! Tvamihayahi Kripam Kuru।
Kosham Vardhdaya Nityam, Tvam Pari–Raksha Sureshwar॥
॥ Shri Kuber–Devam Aavahayami ॥
– After that, offer five flowers to Shri Kuber with bot the hands and recite the following mantra:
Aasanam Dev–Devesh! Preetyartham Prati-Grihyataam॥
Shri Kuber-Devay Aasanarthe Pancha-Pushpani Samarpayami ॥
– Now offer Chandan, akshata (raw rice), flowers, dhoop, deep, and sweets. Keep chanting the following mantras:
Kuber Mantras with meaning in hindi and english
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Padyom Padhyam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Shirsi Arghyam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Gandhakshatam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Pushpam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Dhoopam Ghrapayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Deepam Darshayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Naivedyam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Achamaniyam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha Tamboolam Samarpayami।
– In the last take a flower and little rice and leave them near the chest with the right hand. Chant the following mantra while doing this.
Om Shri Kuberaya Namha।
Anen Pujanen Shri Dhanadhyaksha-Shri Kuber Preeyatam।
While many people worship Kubera only on Diwali, it is also recommended to worship him on Dhanteras as well. You can also worship him every Tuesday and Friday.
For more details on why do we worship Kuber Dev on Diwali and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com