Womens T20 Challenge 2019: Today Women IPL Match Live Updates Supernovas v Velocity Final Match Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur – Supernovas won by 4 wkts.
Today Women IPL Match Live Updates Supernovas v Velocity Final Match:
- VEL 121/6 (20.0)
SNO 125/6 (20.0) CRR: 6.25
Supernovas won by 4 wkts
- Sixth Wicket : H Kaur c Matthews b Kerr 51 (37b 4×4 3×6) SR: 137.83
- FIFTY! Harmanpreet brings up her half-century off 34 deliveries. Will she finish the job for Supernovas here?
- END OF OVER:18 | 15 Runs | SNO: 112/5 (10 runs required from 12 balls, RR: 6.22, RRR: 5.00)
- END OF OVER:17 | 7 Runs | SNO: 97/5 (25 runs required from 18 balls, RR: 5.70, RRR: 8.33)
- END OF OVER:15 | 13 Runs | SNO: 77/5 (45 runs required from 30 balls, RR: 5.13, RRR: 9.00)
- A match that was firmly in the Supernovas grasps till the 15th over has changed course over here. It’s turn a turn for the worse for them with Velocity just never knowing when to give up. They’ve shown perseverance to keep themselves alive here and are reaping the rewards of their determination. 78-5 with 14 runs coming from the 15th
- END OF OVER:14 | 3 Runs 1 Wkt | SNO: 64/5 (58 runs required from 36 balls, RR: 4.57, RRR: 9.66)
- Over 14: This match has turned on it’s head. Such is the colossal pressure in a match of such consequences and with the Supernovas losing wickets at regular intervals, this match is no longer in their favour. 64-5
- Fifth Wicket : SFM Devine b Jahanara Alam 3 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 75.00
- The ball goes straight through Devine’s bat and pad. The last 10 minutes have overturned the match on it’s head big time. As the ball stayed low, Devine just couldn’t get beneath the ball to fall for 3 runs. The Supernovas have lost 3 wickets for 11 runs here and are in danger of throwing this away
- END OF OVER:13 | 2 Runs | SNO: 61/4 (61 runs required from 42 balls, RR: 4.69, RRR: 8.71)
- END OF OVER:12 | 4 Runs 1 Wkt | SNO: 59/4 (63 runs required from 48 balls, RR: 4.91, RRR: 7.87)
- Fourth Wicket : Sciver b Jahanara Alam 2(6)
- END OF OVER:11 | 2 Runs 1 Wkt | SNO: 55/3 (67 runs required from 54 balls, RR: 5.00, RRR: 7.44)
- Third Wicket : PS Punia st †Verma b Vaidya 29 (31b 5×4 0x6) SR: 93.54
- END OF OVER:10 | 5 Runs 1 Wkt | SNO: 53/2 (69 runs required from 60 balls, RR: 5.30, RRR: 6.90)
- And the partnership is broken just as we were on this. Kerr gives the ball air, entices Jermihah to go for the expansive shot only to send up lobbing the ball straight back into Kerr’s hands. An effortless catch to send back Jermihah for 22
- Second Wicket : Rodrigues c and b Amelia Kerr 22(25) [4s-3]
- At the halfway mark, it’s all Supernovas here. They’re well on top, in complete control with this partnership just refusing to lose it’s wicket. Everything Velocity are trying is ending in a false cause here with the batters showing how good it is to bat once you’re set it. 53-2
- END OF OVER:8 | 7 Runs | SNO 46/1 (76 runs required from 12 overs, RR: 5.75, RRR: 6.33)
- Turning out to be a futile talk for Velocity at the moment whose scour for wickets is being squandered with the way the first wicket is operating for the Supernovas. With Harmanpreet and Devine yet to follow, the advantage clearly lies with the defending champions to resonate their success of last season. 46-1 after 8 overs
- END OF OVER:7 | 6 Runs | SNO: 39/1 (83 runs required from 13 overs, RR: 5.57, RRR: 6.38)
- The Supernovas going from strength to strength with the latest development being that they are extremely strong at the end of the field restrictions. The boundary in each over means they’ve subsequently piled on all the pressure on Velocity who’ve to chase the match here. 33-1 at the end of the powerplay
- END OF OVER:5 | 1 Run | SNO: 32/1 (90 runs required from 15 overs, RR: 6.40, RRR: 6.00)
- END OF OVER:3 | 12 Runs | SNO: 21/1 (101 runs required from 17 overs, RR: 7.00, RRR: 5.94)
- First Wicket : Athapaththu run out (Ekta Bisht/Sushma Verma) 2(5)
- What a calamity here. What have the Supernovas ended doing? Clear as the decisions get with the openers trying to come up back the triple, something that was never there. As Chamira is caught well out of here crease to be runout, Velocity make the inroad here.
- Over 2: Wicket already showing signs of playing low and slowing down. It’ll all be redundant if Velocity can’t pick up wickets and make the pressure of the dot balls count. It’s time to go for the kill straight away and bring on your exceptional bowlers here.
- SNO 2/0 (1.0) CRR: 2 REQ: 6.32 Supernovas need 120 runs
- Second Inning Start : Priya Punia and Athapaththu are at the crease. Priya Punia is on strike. Shikha Pandey will open the attack
- As the Supernovas come out to bat, Velocity know that nothing but wickets can save them here. The surface is a decent one for batting but exquisite line and length will be held in reverence. All eyes to their bowlers to be the patrons of a win with a retaliatory performance.
- VEL 121/6 (20.0) CRR: 6.05
- An incredible effort by Velocity to make something of a lost cause with them managing to put up a respectable score after their top-order was rendered completely obsolete. 121-6 is something their bowlers can get behind and work up the Supernovas with wicket to wicket bowling
- All is not lost here for Velocity then. They’ve shown incredible fighting spirit to turn this around and their bowlers will be looking to build on the momentum their lower middle-order has given them here.
- Sixth Wicket : Amelia Kerr c Harmanpreet Kaur b Poonam Yadav 36(38) [4s-4]
- VEL 107/5 (18.0) CRR: 5.94
- As Velocity cross the 100 run mark, this has been a colossal effort by Kerr and Sushma. It was figure we never envisioned them reaching but the defiant stand has been extremely resolute in the face of adversary. 100-5 after 17 overs.
- VEL 84/5 (15.0) CRR: 5.6
- Over 15: This 46 run stand for the sixth wicket was everything and more that Velocity were in dire need of. It’s managed to hold the fort for their side, thwarting a relentless and ruthless bowling effort from the Supernovas. Velocity have the foundation of getting to 120 from here now
- Score after 13 overs VEL 69-5
- VEL 63/5 (12.0) CRR: 5.25
- Velocity getting a move on here. Poonam gives away the last one for 10 runs, the first to go into double digits as Poonam shows yet again that she’s all too guilty of spraying the ball around. Is this the partnership that will see Velocity rise from the trenches?
- VEL 50/5 (10.0) CRR: 5
- Over 10: The Supernovas have spared no expense in making this title theirs as well. The bowling performance has been a testament to the immense depth in their line-up, incurring a deadly performance in unison to clean out Velocity. Everything going the Supernovas way at 50-5
- Score after 9 overs VEL 43-5
- Score after 8 overs VEL 37-5
- Sixth Wicket : M Raj c Devine b Sciver 12 (22b 2×4 0x6) SR: 54.54
- What an absolute joke are we viewing. Half of Velocity’s side goes back to the pavilion for just 37 runs and as Mithali falls, this is turning out to be a tatters of an innings for Velocity. A massive setback for them, one they’ll never be able to recover from.
- Score after 7 overs VEL 37-4
- Fifth Wicket : V Krishnamurthy st †Bhatia b Devine 8 (9b 2×4 0x6) SR: 88.88
- It’s turning out to be an extremely one-sided final this. Veda stumped by Bhatia for 8 with spin coming to the party for the Supernovas once again. Devine the one among the wickets column this time to see her side in complete control. This is a mockery of a match
- VEL 30/3 (5.0) CRR: 6
- Powerplay Update: Some sort of semblance has been imbeded into Velocity for the time being with Radha coming on now to ply spin. Mithali and Veda the only two who can save this innings and take it to a fighting total. 35-3 after 6 overs.
- VEL 22/3 (4.0) CRR: 5.5
- VEL 14/3 (3.0) CRR: 4.67
- Third Wicket : Shafali Verma c Anuja Patil b Tahuhu 11(6) [4s-2]
- All falling apart for Velocity here. A shambolic batting display by them in a match for such huge importance. Verma becomes the latest to go, falling for 11 with Tahuhu too hot to handle for her. It’s a horrendous start for them and if Mithali and Veda can’t hold the innings here, they’re in danger of putting on a cumbersome show
- VEL 3/2 (2.0) CRR: 1.5
- Second Wicket : Wyatt st Bhatia b Anuja Patil 0(5)
- A double blow for Velocity. It was a nothing shot from her, needlessly stepping out to the spinner with the pressure of 4 dot deliveries telling on her. She’s way out of her crease and Bhatia has an easy stumping. Big big wicket for the bowling side to send back the batter who had score 46 and 43 this tournament.
- Over 1: The covering of grass early on saw Tahuhu get ample swing, deviating the ball ominously from Mathews and Wyatt. Just the start the Supernovas would have fathomed when they won the toss and with 0 off the opening over this is a terrific beginning for them
- First Wicket : Hayley Matthews c Bhatia b Tahuhu 0(2)
- And Tahuhu strikes as Mathews torrid time in the league continues. She’s gone under 10 yet again, been a complete failure this season and we wonder why Velocity even played her here. The ball swung away from to send her back off the second ball itself
- We’re underway with the much awaited final with Mathews and Verma opening for Velocity while Tahuhu comes back into the line-up for the Supernovas to be given the first over straight away.
- First Inning Start : Hayley Matthews and Shafali Verma are at the crease. Hayley Matthews is on strike. Tahuhu will open the attack
- It’s the Supernovas who’ve won the toss and they’ll be fielding first. The two sides had met a couple of day prior when Harmanpreet’s side had won by 12 runs to seal both the side’s faith in this summit clash. The surface looks to be an upscale and we should see the runs come in with good strokeplay
- Good evening and an extremely warm welcome to Tentaran’s coverage of the final of the Woman’s T20 Challenge where it’s the defending champions the Supernovas and Velocity facing off as they scour for the elusive trophy.
- Supernovas (Playing XI): Priya Punia, Chamari Athapaththu, Jemimah Rodrigues, Sophie Devine, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Natalie Sciver, Taniya Bhatia(w), Lea Tahuhu, Anuja Patil, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav
- Velocity (Playing XI): Shafali Verma, Hayley Matthews, Danielle Wyatt, Mithali Raj(c), Veda Krishnamurthy, Sushma Verma(w), Shikha Pandey, Jahanara Alam, Amelia Kerr, Devika Vaidya, Ekta Bisht
Supernovas have won the toss and have opted to field
Today Women IPL Match Live Updates SNO vs VEL Final Match preview highlights:
- The Supernovas and Velocity will take to the field for one last time in the final of the Women’s T20 Challenge on Saturday
- Played on 11th May at 7:30 pm, the summit clash of the second edition of the revamped league will be played at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium
- Both the teams had met each other just a couple of days with the Supernovas 12 run win seeing them determine both the side’s fate
Supernovas: Priya Punia, Chamari Athapaththu, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Natalie Sciver, Sophie Devine, Lea Tahuhu/Mansi Joshi, Taniya Bhatia (WK), Anuja Patil, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav
Velocity: Hayley Matthews, Shafali Verma, Danielle Wyatt, Mithali Raj (C), Veda Krishnamurthy, Sushma Verma (WK), Amelia Kerr, Shikha Verma, Sushree Pradhan, Komal Zanzad, Ekta Bisht
Must Read: Amazing Facts About The Cricket Ball