Women’s T20 Challenge 2019: Today Women IPL Match Live Updates Trailblazers vs Velocity 2nd Match Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur.
Today Women IPL Match Live Updates Trailblazers vs Velocity 2nd Match:
- Velocity won by 3 wkts
VEL 113/7 (18.0)
- This is a joke. 5 wickets have walked back to the pavilion in the space of 7 balls and 3 runs. Sense has failed to prevail among Velocity and as Kerr departs for 0, are we in for one of the most astounding results in women cricket? This is turning out to be ridiculous
- Velocity need 2 runs in 16 balls VEL 111/5 (17.2).
- Fifth Wicket: Deepti Sharma to Mithali, out Bowled!! Mithali b Deepti Sharma 17(22) [4s-1].
- Fourth Wicket: Out! Veda Krishnamurthy run out (Ecclestone/Ravi Kalpana) 0(1).
- Velocity need 2 runs in 19 balls VEL 111/3 (16.5).
- Third Wicket: Rajeshwari Gayakwad to Wyatt, out Caught by Deepti Sharma!! Wyatt c Deepti Sharma b Rajeshwari Gayakwad 46(35) [4s-5 6s-2].
- Ecclestone has for the second match been the only bowler who has shown some sort of feasibility to the Supernovas bowling attack. As she ends her spell for 0-13 off 4 overs in a match where the run rate is at 7, Velocity have done well to see her out.
- Velocity need 9 runs in 30 balls VEL 104/2 (15.0).
- Wyatt has come out and cleaned apart the Trailblazers. On a surface where the Supernovas found it a predicament batting, Wyatt has completely taken apart their bowling unit. No matter where the ball is sent, she’s managing to send the ball past the boundary. 102-2 in 24 overs
- Velocity need 26 runs in 48 balls VEL 87/2 (12.0) CRR: 7.25 REQ: 3.25 Danielle Wyatt 30 Mithali Raj 9.
- Second Wicket: Harleen comes in and she gets the wicket of Verma who took an unnecessary risk. The ball spun away from her, she stepped out, got nowhere near the pitch of the ball and the shot goes only as far as the close in fielder. Much needed relief for the Supernovas right before the stratergic timeout
- Velocity need 50 runs in 66 balls VEL 63/1 (9.0).
- Over 3: Supernovas pacers need to be realised that pace on the ball is something the batswomen will relish on this surface. The deliveries need to be mixed up and at a slower trajectory, the ball will be harder to hit. Strong start for Velocity meanwhile at 21-0.
- Velocity need 107 runs VEL 7/0 (1.4)
- VEL 5/0 (1.0)
- Second Wicket: Hayley Matthews and Shefali Verma are at the crease. Hayley Matthews is on strike. Selman will open the attack.
- Innings BreakTRL 112/6 (20.0)
- The Trailblazers had squandered away all the good work they had done to thwart Velocity’s bowling in the opening period. It’s a massive setback to them with Velocity showing immense valor and resolve to obilerate the batting side. Supernovas end with 112-6
- TRL 100/5 (17.3)
- Fifth Wicket: out Caught by Veda Krishnamurthy!! Harleen Deol c Veda Krishnamurthy b Amelia Kerr 43(40) [4s-5].
- TRL 100/4 (17.3)
- Fourth Wicket: Out Caught by Hayley Matthews!! Sharma holes out to long-on.Deepti Sharma c Hayley Matthews b Amelia Kerr 16(16) [4s-2].
- As we go into the death overs here, the time is now for the Trailblazers to profoundly start finding the boundaries. It’s been all Harleen till now with Stefanie Taylor proving to be a bitter disappointment for the second match on the bounce. Atleast a further 40 runs are essential from this stage. 83-3 after 16 overs.
- TRL 73/3 (15.0)
- TRL 68/3 (14.0)
- Third Wicket: Out! Taylor c and b Sushree Pradhan 5(18).
- TRL 68/2 (13.0)
- Over 12: What Velocity will be perturbed with is the fact that they haven’t been able to pick up a flurry of wickets. With the Trailblazers having at their disposal batting depth that can blast off in the death overs, the batting side are sitting in a comfortable position at 67-2
- TRL 60/2 (10.0) CRR: 6 Harleen Deol 23 Stafanie Taylor 1
- TRL 50/2 (8.1)
- Second Wicket: Bates, steps out and with the ball spinning massively away from here, she could only manage to miscue it. Forced to fetch the shot and generate the shot, she’s lost her wicket here for 26 runs.
- As Velocity bring on both their spinners, the overseas players in Kerr and Mathews are failing to understand the line and length needed on Indian wickets. There’s way too much air being given, the trajectory too short and Bates and Harleen have started enjoying this. Runs coming subsequently at a sensational rate. 50 up after 8 overs.
- Powerplay Update: It’s been an extremely solid start for Velocity this who’ve begun their campaign in the league in scintillatingly fashion. Their pacers have ruled the opening period of this encounter, bowling wicket to wicket the not give anything away to Suzie Bates and Harleen Deol. 34-1
- TRL 34/1 (6.0) CRR: 5.51 Suzie Bates 16 Harleen Deol 8
- TRL 19/1 (3.0) CRR: 6.33 Suzie Bates 5 Harleen Deol 4
- TRL 15/1 (2.4)
- First Wicket: Massive setback for the Trailblazers as Smriti departs cheaply for just the 10 runs off Pandey. Went to chase at a widish delivery, caught by the wicket-keeper and as Harleen steps out to bat with Bates, the Trailblazers need to hold firm for a bit.
- First Inning Starts: Bates and Mandhana are at the crease. Bates is on strike. Shikha Pandey will open the attack.
- Velocity (From): Mithali Raj(c), Danielle Wyatt, Devika Vaidya, Veda Krishnamurthy, Sushma Verma(w), Hayley Matthews, Amelia Kerr, Ekta Bisht, Jahanara Alam, Komal Zanzad, Shefali Verma, Shikha Pandey, Sushree Pradhan
- Trailblazers (From): Suzie Bates, Smriti Mandhana(c), Harleen Deol, Stafanie Taylor, Deepti Sharma, Dayalan Hemalatha, Ravi Kalpana(w), Sophie Ecclestone, Shakera Selman, Jhulan Goswami, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Jasia Akhtar, Bharati Fulmali
- Velocity have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today Women IPL Match Live Updates Trailblazers vs Velocity 2nd Match preview highlights:
- The Trailblazers and Velocity will play in match number 2 of the Women’s T20 Challenge on 8th May, Wednesday
- In what is the only afternoon match of the tournament, the match is slated to get underway from 3:30 pm with the toss scheduled for 3:00 pm along with the announcement of the teams
- The Trailblazers sit on top of the ranks after having just about edged out the Supernovas in the league opener on Monday by 2 runs
Must Read: IPL 2019 SRH Vs DC eliminator match
Trailblazers : Smriti Mandhana (C), Dayalan Hemalatha, Suzie Bates, Harleen Deol, Stefanie Taylor, Deepti Sharma, Ravi Kalpana (wk), Shakera Selman, Jhulan Goswami, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Sopie Ecclestone
Velocity : Mithali Raj (c), Amelia Kerr (New Zealand), Danielle Wyatt (England), Devika Vaidya, Ekta Bisht, Hayley Matthews (West Indies), Shikha Pandey, Sushma Verma (WK), Jahanara Alam, Sushree Dibyadarshini, Veda Krishnamurthy