Did you know about Indra Nooyi’s Journey?
Indra Nooyi, former CEO PepsiCo has recently put her foot down from her responsibilities of the CEO. She is still the chairman of the Board of Directors of PepsiCo and is believed to be stepping down soon from that as well. She is married to Raj Nooyi and has two daughters. Let’s find out about Indra Nooyi’s Journey and life story till date.
- She hails from Chennai (then Madras), Tamil Nadu in India. She completed her schooling from Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai.
- She completed her graduation in physics, chemistry and from Madras Christian College, Chennai in 1974 and did her post-graduation from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in the year 1976.
- She started her career at Total, a British textile company and later on moved to Johnson & Johnson to work as a Product Manager. Her work at Johnson & Johnson was an introduction to the world of business and the challenges at the workplace made her realize the fact that she was still naïve in the field of business and marketing.
Must Read: 5 Habits of Successful Professional
- She then decided to study further in the US and got a degree in Public and Private Management from Yale University, Connecticut. Looking back, she says that both the places, the job at Johnson & Johnson and studying at Yale were great learning experiences.
- She then went ahead to work as a Director of International Corporate Strategy Projects at Boston Consulting Group.
- She then moved to Motorola in the year 1986 to work in the automotive division development team as a senior executive. There her growth was fast and she was soon promoted to become the company’s VP and Director of Corporate Strategy & Planning by the year 1988.
- After her successful stint at Motorola, she joined PepsiCo as senior VP – Corporate Strategy and Development in the year 1994.
- She handled various projects with PepsiCo. After she came out with flying colors in all the responsibilities allotted to her, she was promoted as the Chief Financial Officer in the year 2000 and the company’s President in 2001.
- In the year 2006, she replaced Steve Reinemund, then PepsiCo CEO, after he retired and took over as the fifth CEO in the 44-year history of PepsiCo.
- She was awarded Padma Bhushan by the President of India in 2007.
- She has ranked among the world’s 100 most powerful women many times. In the year 2014, she ranked at number 13 of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women on the Forbes list and was ranked the 2nd most powerful woman on the Fortune list in the year 2015.
For more details on Indra Nooyi’s Journey and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.