How to Worship Lord Shiva – Lord Shiva, also popularly known as Mahadev and ‘the destroyer of the world’, is one of the three Trimurti. He is usually worshipped in the anionic form of lingam.
The best form of worshiping Lord Shiva is by doing Shivling Puja and the only correct way of Shivling puja is by offering the following items in the chronological order:
Must Read: Why Lord Shiva is offered Datura plant?
- Panchamrit (Milk, Curd, Honey, Ghee & Sugar)
- Water (to clear off Panchamrit)
- Vastra or Janeu
- Bilva Patra
If you do not have access to any of the above, don’t worry. You can skip or replace them. Milk in place of Panchamrit can be used and likely these items can be replaced with substitutes. Most of all, remember, it’s the devotion and purity of heart that matters the most.
Some more ways to worship Lord Shiva include:
- Regularly prayer to Lord Shiva in the morning and evening.
- Washing Shiva Linga properly and applying Vibhuti or bhasma.
- Lighting a diya/jyoti and agarbathi.
- Reciting ‘Om Namah Shivaya’.
- Offering milk and sweets made with milk to Lord Shiva on Mondays.