In today’s age of exposure, the coming of the new indigenous music festivals has been drawing music lover’s attention and everyone wants to be a part of them. For travellers and music lovers who like eclectic mix whether on the beach, in the hills, under a banyan tree or inside a fort these famous music festivals in India are worth travelling for.
Famous music festivals in India
- Hornbill festival is one of the biggest music festivals in the country.
- It is a seven-day cultural fest that takes place in Kohima, Nagaland in December every year.
- The festival is an initiative of the state government of Nagaland to display the talent of the diverse multi-ethnic tribes of Nagaland to the world and to meet musicians coming from different parts of the country.
Must read: The Most Expensive Heritage Hotels in India
Magnetic Fields, Rajasthan:
- Magnetic Fields is a stunning three-day music festival set in between the grandeur of golden triangle formed by Bikaner, Jaipur, and Delhi.
- The festival is held in December every year. Over the years, Magnetic Fields has earned great popularity and fame in India.
- The fest aims at promoting the latest sounds from the country and offers them a platform to break into the music industry by pitching them alongside music legends.
Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh:
- The Ziro Festival takes place in September every year and attracts thousands of tourists who love the setting of beautiful mountains and pine trees.
- The festival aims to encourage sociability between musicians of Northeast India.
- Ever since its launch in 2012, the Ziro Festival has served as a platform for artists to come together and hone their skills.
- The Sunburn festival is one of the world’s biggest music festivals held in December every year.
- Over the years, Sunburn has earned the reputation of a well established EDM festival and has greatly changed the image of India’s music festivals around the world.
Mahindra Blues, Mumbai:
- Mahindra Blues is Asia’s biggest Blues music festival that takes place in Mumbai every February.
- The festival has been promoting the local blues community by bringing together established blues artists from around the world over and budding blues artists in India on a common platform.
- Tourists can also enjoy local food and bustling nightlife of the city along with this elite music festival.
Must read: Famous festivals of Tamil Nadu
Shiva Squad Festival, Manali:
- Shiva Squad festival takes place amidst the beautiful landscapes of Manali in September every year.
- Shiva Squad Festival aims to develop social harmony and artistic expression among people coming from different walks of life.
- The crazy musical party brings together the finest artists of Trance, Hi-Tech, electronic, rock, jazz, fusion, classical, R&B and folk music.
- The Storm festival is organized in the outskirts of Bangalore for three dazzling nights.
- It is held in January each year and is known for its vast lush venue which offers a unique mix of adventure sports along with live music.
- The main aim of this festival is to recycle used products and efficient waste management.